Re: SPDT High Voltage Switch

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: <alderhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I am looking for a failsafe switch that can switch a grid between the 25Kvac power supply and ground. We are talking about very small amperages .The switch will be functioning as a safety to protect maintenance people and not for control purposes. I need for it to have a coil preferably 24VAC that will cause the grid to shift to ground on de-energizing. It seemed to me that this was simple at first but I may have too many trees blocking my vision of the forrest. A little help please and contact me directly as well as on the list.
Thank you,
John Alderman
alderhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi John,

Sounds like you need a Ross Engineering HV relay such as their E Series 40 kV SPDT relays:
http://www.rossengineeringcorp.com/e_series_40kv-150kv.htm

If Ross does not provide a 24 VAC coil, you may need to use an auxiliary relay to switch power to the coil on the Ross relay.

Good luck!

Bert
--
__  _\/_  __ We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge