Re: Early TC's w/o topload

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx
Bill,

I noticed no toroids on any of Ken Strickfaden's coils on the photos in Harry Goldman's new book. Ken did use discharge terminals (spheres) but they were too far removed from the coil to be useful as the toroids we use today. Some of the pictures show sparks being discharged from the top windings of the secondary.

Ed Sonderman