Re: Flat vs V shape Primary

Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>

Technically speaking, neither is "best".  of cource,
there are advantages to both styles:

I've found that a Inverted Cone primary gives better
coupeling, especially for tall coils (ie: +5:1).  Flat
spiral(AKA: pancake) seems much easyer to tune and
allows more leway for future coils.  I personally
prefer a Inverted Cone or Helical for their "compact
construction".  Dont forget that you can use insulated
wire for your inverted cone prmary, thus eliminating
the difficulty associated with their construction

Coiler Forever: Jeremiah Popp