Re: Ballasting a Pole Pig (Revisited)

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

Definitely not!  The welder and pig are definitely in
series (220 power input to the welder in series with
the low voltage bushings on the pig.  Center tap
unconnected).  Everything is one loop so that the
current must pass through both the pig and the welder.
 Trust me on this one, I know the difference.

I have tried running with welding leads shorted
together and unshorted.  With lower amperage settings
of the welder the welder comes on and the fan runs
without tripping the breaker, so the pig is definitely
passing current.  No spark at the HV terminals, even
with as little as 1/16" gap between "coat hangers".

Beginning to suspect the pig is dead???

Curt.

msnip....