Re: Ballasting a Pole Pig (Revisited)

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm not sure you understand what ballasting is for.
You can hook up your pig to 240 on the LV with no
ballast, as long as your HV load doesn't cause you to
exceed your LV breaker. If you had no load, it would
be just fine. If you had a HV probe, you could easily
measure 14,400 volts, without the need for a ballast.
Hooking up 120 or 240 to the HV side is no different.

Adam

msnip...