Splicing Magnet Wire

Original poster: "MIKE HARDY" <MHARDY@xxxxxxxxxx>

I know this has been discussed before, but need details. Unfortunately my new 6" coil (producing 7 foot discharges) , blew a hole in the secondary wire about 5' up from the bottom. I unrolled the wire past the burn, scotchbrighted/exacto knifed the carbon from the form. I sanded a beveled edge on the wire, and tinned it. Now I want to join this with a new wire to re-wind to the original bottom point. My question, is how to hold the 2 pieces of wire in alighnment while soldering? This seems very dificult. Not only from a placement point of view, but from a standpoint of properly heating the junction. As always your helpmis much apreciated