From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: solid state nst? -works good
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 08:03:11 -0700

Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>

I have an "open case" (non potted) solid state supply
from a beer sign.  Since you have been discussing its
usefullness, I tested one of these.  Name plate says
7000v @ 20mA.  Output is a 1/2 wave "AC" @ 32KHz.
Like a plasma globe driver, it is usless in a tesla
circuit by itself, SOOOOOOOOO...

I tooked a single HV diode from an old B&W TV, put it
on the output,  and it works great.  Nice little 6"
sparks off the top of the secondary.  The static gap's
breakrate sounds like ~800bps+.

Can't see how else these might be made, but I know
this one works well if it is rectified.

Hope that helps someone...
Coiler Forever: Jeremiah Popp