RE Falt Plate Capacitor Calculator

Original poster: Allan & Sandra <allan_sandra@xxxxxxxxx>

Im Curently making my own flat plate capacitor bank , i have used the calculator. Prior to starting the wheels were turning wondering what i could use as a dialectric and one day at work i was changing my welding lenses as i do every morning and i thought they would be great for cap use they are 100% Polycarbonate the only reason we change them daily is because they tend to atract dust and there is no point in wiping them because you would scratch them so i save all the used ones i can get right now including every one elses that i pick up
In one week i gathered up over 100 of them.
I build rail Cars and about 3000 welders work there.
just a sugestion for some of you
Al Scott