Re: POPULAR ELECTRONICS, Jul. 1964, p29, 250KV TESLA COIL

At 03:35 PM 1/21/2006, you wrote:
Original poster: "Tim_S" <stm800@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.copyright.cornell.edu/training/Hirtle_Public_Domain.htm

I would be happy to post a jpg of this if someone knows the statute of the
copy write... my scanner is working last I used it :-^)

Looking at the handy table you cited:
1964 was about 42 years ago. With the most recent changes in copyright law, the term is 95 years.

It's still in copyright, and likely to remain so for a while. (At least as long as Disney wants to protect Mickey Mouse <grin>, viz. the discussion about the Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Bono_Copyright_Term_Extension_Act)

Even under the old rules in compliance with the Berne convention (=50 yrs after author's death), it would probably be in copyright (unless the author had died some years before publication of the article). It IS possible that the publisher of Popular Electronics released it into the public domain (hard to imagine, though, from a mass market publisher like Ziff-Davis).