Re: cornell or cornel? : )))

Hi Dmitry,

At 01:38 PM 1/23/2006, you wrote:
Hello : )

i`ve never seen 942c caps in reality, only on Terry`s site, where they
look more or less good:
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/GeekCaps/Cap.jpg
in cde`s pdf their picture looks like sh#t - too small resolution, but
today i`ve received package with these caps - in reality they look even
worse : )))
man - what a cheap crap it is? they cost 2.6 buck each, but looks like
26 cent maximum,  heck - 5 years back they were better : D

Hey! It takes a long time to roll them up by hand :o)) But they are just poly and foil wrapped in a roll and held with tape. Slosh solder and wire on the ends and they are done.

so now i`m sit here with 2kg of this sh#t and wonder, why i`ve bought
them - why not maxwell?

If you don't like the DCE caps, you would not like the maxwells all glued together with belt sander marks and that cheap label that falls off after a year ;-)))

or - there is one possibility - why if they just fooled me? maybe it`s
not cde caps at all, maybe it`s just some barbarous mutants? : D
so i need a little help now - anybody who have (or may do) decent
closeup pictures of the caps (like Terry`s one on the link above) please
send them (or links on them) directly to me. i`ll take mine as soon as
i can.

Ok ;-)) We should not laugh too much since China certainly has been pumping out a surprising number of fake electronics parts >:-( Here are a picture of some I have. I left the picture big so you can see close detail.

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/P3110018.JPG

Older ones may have a sunk in center band around them due to the thickness of the internal layers. CD recently fixed that with another added band, but the old ones are fine too. The writing has been known to be a little smeared too. the white label turns a little yellow with age.

@#$%!
: )

Hope yours are ok!

Cheers,