Re: Aluminium wound Pig

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Unless the aluminum pig has something else going
against it (e.g., lots of rust or other damage), I'd
definitely go with it and save a lot of money!!  Most
modern pigs are aluminum-wound, and are expected to
run 24x7 for decades.  The power companies believe in
them whole-heartedly, and I have yet to hear a
compelling reason why coilers shouldn't.

I have two pigs, one older copper-wound unit and
another aluminum one.  Both have performed very well
as TC power supplies and Jacob's ladders.

All other things equal (including the price), I'd
worry about %Z before I worried about winding material
(with lower %Z being preferred).

aaron