Re: MOSFET drivers

Hi Herwig,

I did not read all of this, but it appears to be cross conduction shoot-through in the driver:

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/appnotes/00799b.pdf

Dissipation is directly proportional to frequency.

Cheers,

        Terry

At 08:24 AM 1/29/2006, you wrote:

SSTC coilers,

Could somebody please explain, why drivers like TC 4421 can't be used
at frequencies of a few MHz? As I've found, they heat up rapidly,
even if no capacitive load is connected to the output.

 Do they have a large output capacity, which is loaded and unloaded,
converting the energy to heat? Some hams claim to operate these
drivers up to 10 MHz.

Any help is appreciated.

Bye             Herwig

Greed is the root of all evil !