Re: SSTC- feedback vs. none

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

For the record, referring to my posted simulation circuit Half-br_res-pri.jpg, when I add Schottky diodes across the bipolar transistor base:collector junctions, change resistors R3 and R11 to 8 ohms, and then add the same resistances in series with the Q5 and Q2 collectors...I get perfect IGBT switching at the primary current zero-crossings. The 4 resistors act to tweak turn-off & turn-on delays as appropriate. The Schottkys reduce the delay in TX1 by a hundred ns or so but the ones whose model I happen to have (1N5711s) still exhibit 250 ns of turn-off time.

Even though this is only simulation, it's "food for thought".

KCH