Re: Iron transformer positioning under the primary experiment

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

It's not only the metal proximity that should be considered. Any closed turns in a transformer coil that are under or near the primary coil will pick up spurious spikes and may damage the transformer or induce these nasty very low microsecond spikes into the 60 Hertz power line. Also, directly under the primary, a Terry filter really is of no value.

It is easy and cheap to simply enclose the power transformer and Terry filter in a suitable enclosure 5-6 feet away from the coil. No need to take chances. It is simply poor engineering practice.

Dr. Resonance

Hi Bart.