Re: Grounding Question.

Original poster: Shaun Epp <scepp@xxxxxxx>

I have a copy of the Information Unlimited plans using 4 step up transformers. There transformers are single ended, not centre tapped to ground like an NST. You won't be able to series connect your NSTs, if that is what you bought. I used the BTC40 plans too for my coil, but I used one 12Kv 60mA transformer, CD caps for my MMC, an NST filter and line filter, and more turns on the primary, you'll need more to tune. I get good results from this coil.

Shaun Epp

To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: Grounding Question.

Hi,

You can ground one side of the NST output to the frame and then ground that frame to the AC line ground. There is no problem with that.

Cheers,

        Terry

At 06:25 PM 7/17/2006, you wrote:
I do have another question regarding grounding. I've attached two more pages from the apparently ancient TC design. The pictures illistrate the HV side of the NST's grounding to the same ground plate as the Secondary and Mains. We've already covered the secondary ground is a bad idea but what about the NST HV using mains ground?

<http://www.cyplexia.com/BTC40_Page_1.jpg>http://www.cyplexia.com/BTC40_Page_1.jpg

http://www.cyplexia.com/BTC40_Page_2.jpg