Re: silly question

Hi,

If a big primary coil is close to grass, it will hurt it and leave a mark as yellowed grass. Probably due to induced voltages in the soil.

I have heard of people arcing to trees that have caused the tree branches to yellow. I don't think just "one" streamer would do much damage but many probably would. I guess tress are real conductive in some sensitive outer layer of the branch and that is where the current goes. Of course, don't set the tree in fire ;-))

Cheers,

        Terry