Re: Transformers

Yep, it's been hot and it really affects coiling!!!!

In Modesto last week, we were hovering between 110 and 113. I've been working on a little 20mA coil in the garage, but it's just too hot!!! I managed to build the MMC portion of the coil, but I think I neared heat stroke just doing that simple task.

I decided to spend the rest of the week floating on an inner tube in our little Wallmart $98 pool. But even that little 3x12 pool made a world of difference. Coiling? NO WAY!!! Of course, now that the temp has dropped to the mid 90's, my transmission took a dump (Murphy must be vacationing in California).

I can certainly believe 1,100 transformers died. I had my air conditioning on the whole time like the rest of California.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "BRIAN FOLEY" <ka1bbg@xxxxxxxxxxx>

from Verizon Central;
Pacific Gas and Electric says 1,100 transformers damaged by heat leaving 1.2 million customers without electricity. as part of an article titled "Calif. Coroners Overwhelmed by heat deaths".
Stay cool and make sparks! cul brian f.