Re: ScanTesla Version 7.50

Original poster: dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Terry.

> Original poster: Vardan <vardan01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> active streamer loading

again. as i see from "ScanTeslaInstructions-740.pdf", you considering
Xload connected to the secondary all the time - from the start of the
bang to its end. how can this be possible? i have big toroid with a
considerable roc, it just can`t break down at say 200kv and i doubt
that high ambient ionization can greatly help here.

>>1. why it so slow?

> When it is slow, it has found a new best match and it is recording
> the data.
> Most (80%) of the time is for file writing.

then why haven`t you implemented some sort of buffer for this - in
ram? memory is cheap today, but proggy generates modest volume of
data, so imo such buffer would work great even on 32mb of ram : )

> You can actually have another program going in a different directory
> to get to about 100% CPU usage.

so i can divide range of say Csec into 8 intervals, run 8 instances of
the proggy on 4 of my piv3g, and still would have consistent results
in the end?

i just got right answers from the proggy - correct lenght of the
sparks, values of Lpri, Csec, and so on - to do this i had to use 12'
of sparks loading instead of planned (and reported in the end of this
run) 7', but i think i know why this is happening - see the beginning of
this post.