Re: Ground strike currents and time...

Original poster: Paul Nicholson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I wrote:

> there's a little echo at about 550nS - a reflection
> from something 50 - 80 metres away?

Correction, that's 550nS into the trace, only 350nS after the
pulse, so 30 - 50 metres.

Terry wrote:
> The 20MHz 110 sees something, but it is pretty garbled.

That 110 signal looks quite interesting.  I shouldn't write it
off. What's that long low frequency ringing?  Have you got the
110 terminated correctly?    And there seems to be a change to
the character of the signal at about 110nS and again at 350nS
after the pulse.

Wonder what point in the waveform the discharge cuts off?
At 10nS, 350nS, or much later - after a uS or so?  Can you
capture a light curve?

Lots going on in that little snap of a discharge.
--
Paul Nicholson