Re: ScanTesla V7.61

Hi dest,

At 08:20 AM 6/6/2006, you wrote:
Hallo Terry.

> Original poster: Vardan <vardan01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> this one has my new full streamer model in it.  Based on a lot of
> simulation and measurements.

> Put in "-1" for Goal Type to make it run a whole lot faster. - For dest
> :-))

i had a somewhat "bad" news : ) i remembered some bits from "russians"
this weekend - streamer/leader mechanism, leader head, charge
shielding effect, etc, and then realized, that modelling sparks
the actual reality. so i stop playing with the proggy at least until
it will contain model, that is not simplier as this one:

http://himplast.ru/dest/temp/terry0.jpg
http://himplast.ru/dest/temp/terry1.jpg
http://himplast.ru/dest/temp/terry2.jpg

sorry % )

Most of the streamer "model" is based on Bazelyan and Raizer's "Spark Discharge" book. The 220k is feeding the leader head and the streamer lengthens on higher voltages feeding the streamer along. The streamer part of the program really is not based much on circuit theory. Of course, there are probably far better models that could be used, but this is the one that works for me.

If the program does not help you, don't use it :-) No reason to play with it if it does not make things better. "I" like it, but not everyone does.

Cheers,

Terry