Re: buying a pole pig

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You won't get 12470V, you'll get 14400V (you're
doubling the input from 120V to 240V, so you're also
going to double the output from 7200V to 14400V).
Just put the 240V across one of the outer pairs of LV
bushings.

Alternatively, for maximum pig-geek points, you can
open your pig and reconfigure the two LV windings in
parallel for maximum power handling capability.
You'll end up with one LV bushing unconnected.  This
is done all the time for 208V service, so usually the
nameplate on the pig tells you exactly how to do this,
and the LV leads in the can will be nicely labelled A,
B, C, and D (or 1, 2, 3, 4).

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE

=== message truncated ===