Re: A new mini-coil competition winner!

Original poster: dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Karl.

> Original poster: "Karl L." <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> > It would be good if Karl could measure the input power using a
>> > wattmeter

> What??

exactly what is written above - just measure it - W, VA, anything you
can. we are in 2006 now, so times when people claimed fn > 3 (having
storage scope at hands : D) is history long ago - don`t try to do it
again.

> I need to know what is going on here with my coil.  I've gotten so
> many great responses so far.  Any ideas yourself?

ideas about what - why does your coil draw some 150W instead of some
50W? but why it must draw some 50W - i see no reason for it, coz you
even don`t know what is your gap doing in reality - it`s not srsg, so
your assumption about how it must act is simply wrong - that`s all.
you can verify it very easy by yourself - with scope, 5 min. of work.
just too many suspicious "records" on this list last time : )

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D