Re: Tesla Related Article

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> One paragraph, talking about Tesla's inventions and their impact on  the
> modern world says:

>> He also invented robotic devices including a remote-controlled
>> "teleautomaton" boat and developed the Tesla coil transformer, which
>> spawned radio, X-ray tubes, and vertical takeoff and landing aircraft.

> I know about the HV x-ray tube,and radio, etc., but VTOL?

> How did the Tesla coil, of all things, spawn the creation of
> vertical takeoff and landing aircraft?
   I'm guessing, however I think the writer's intent was:

>> He also invented robotic devices including a remote-controlled
>> "teleautomaton" boat,

>> and developed the Tesla coil transformer, which spawned radio,

>> X-ray tubes, and

>> vertical takeoff and landing aircraft.

  (unclear whether the 'xray tube' is to be linked to the coil
   or no.  Others 'invented the xray tube, tho the Tesla Coil
   was/is certainly an apt power source/converter.)

   It is, in my observation, remarkably hard to write clear,
   exact, comprehensible, prose.

   As a separate matter, in my view, the wilful, or ill informed
   overstating of Tesla's achievments (which may or may not
   be taking place above) does a great mind a disservice...

   best
    dwp