RE: Tesla Related Article

Original poster: "alfred erpel" <alfred@xxxxxxxxx>

Howdy Mark and all,

	If you see this, then I am adding my own hearsay about Edison.
Going to elementary school in the '50s amd '60s we learned that Edison was a
near deity.  My father told me otherwise.  He said he had 10s or 100s of low
paid researchers using the brute force empirical approach with little or no
theoretical basis for each new experiment.  He said the researchers did all
the work and Edison TOOK all the credit.  Of course I didn't believe him.
In the decades since little clues and my life experience has amassed to the
point where now I think it more likely that Edison was just nothing more
than another robber baron of his time, standing on the backs of the people
that he could.
	What does this have to do with coiling?   Well skepticism is healthy
and necessary for good science.  Maybe that's what.

Al Erpel  (USA, PA 18901)

[stuff snipped]