The Theremin / DRSSTC Project

Original poster: <dhmccauley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Watching an old sci-fi martian movie this past weekend has inspired me to explore the possibility of using a Theremin device to control the output of a DRSSTC system. I plan on designing a system which can independently control both pitch (PRF) and arc length (volume) of the DRSSTC by simply moving your hands around the Theremin device. The only question mark is how it will interact with the fields generated by the DRSSTC itself. That i won't know until i actually build the device and do the testing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, so if it works, it
will be pretty darn sweet!

For those who don't know what a Theremin is, here is some information here on it:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theremin>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theremin

Dan