RE: Gluing polycarbonate?

Original poster: "Mark Dunn" <mdunn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Terry:

The only recommended method(by the plastics experts) to solvent weld
polycarbonate is with Methyl Chloride.  It is a nasty process that I
used for a project at work about 10 years ago.  The procedure is strict
and I can dig it out if you want it, but Methyl Chloride is the same
stuff used in paint remover and you likley do not want to mess with it.

Epoxy should hold things together in your application, but won't carry
any kind of load.

Mark

>So the question is...  I have a polycarbonate tube and internal and
caps: