To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 5:03 AM
Subject: Re: Windings vs. Diameter

Hardly anyone ever really "counts" the turns exactly, so we always have to guess... I knew that there was a lot of variation but know I know "why" *:-)) The next time I have to figure out someone's secondary coil, I will add this to the questions I ask ;-)) If they just let the wire fall naturally, then the chart above is good. If they pushed the windings together, then it is a pure wire diameter x distance thing. And that is a big difference!!

Cheers,

        Terry