another noob question --> grounding

Original poster: "Langer Giv'r" <transworldsnowboarding19@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello, I was wondering what all has to be grounded for my tesla coil to be completely safe.
I have:
~ variac
~ 4 MOTs (all different so total KV is unknown)
    pri:  parallel
    sec: series
~ Safety Static Gap
~ inductive ballast in series between variac and MOT stack
~ 30nF saltwater cap
~ Air blown multi static gap
~ strike rail
The main thing I am worried about is stray RF coming into my house and destroying electronics.

And one more thing: I am not totally sure what grounging actually acomplishes, ive read on it many times but I'm still confused on its purpose in tesla coil use (I'm sure it is extremely important)

Thank you for the help!

____