From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, 4 March 2006 13:10 pm
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: how much does current matter?

Original poster: ben eells <squeels2171@xxxxxxxxx>

In my attempt to build a more powerful tesla coil I have come across
this question. How much will the output current of your NST affect
the length of your streamers. I'm using the program Tesla map to help
design this coil and it calculates the max streamer length by the
output wattage of the NST. Unless I'm mistaken output wattage can
never be higher than input wattage. If this program is correct, and
I'm sure it's not, I wouldn't need a transformer at all. So what is a
better way to determine max streamer length given the output voltage
and current of a NST?