Re: Geek Group Amassing Parts For New Coil

Chris:

For our large coil we used two cross pieces of 1 inch dia. threaded fiberglass rod from McMaster-Carr. It was crossed approx 5 inches down from the top end of the coil and allowed us to lift it with a web canvas strap (parachute strap --- surplus) and a small electric winch.

Dr. Resonance

Original poster: "Chris Boden" <cboden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We won't be winding the entire length, that's how long they come from the
factory. We will have to allow space at the top and bottom for mounting and
topload, as well as space at the top for hoisting (you can't lift these by
hand).