Re: Geek Group Amassing Parts For New Coil

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

When I built my 15" coil the 40" secondary took 30lbs of 14 ga wire for a grand total of 80 lbs. That was a pain to move. I still have a 7' length of the 15" 5/8"wall sitting in the garage. My cost for the 13' length (full pipe) was $125 back in 99.

Someday I'll get around to another coil with that stuff.

David E Weiss

Original poster: "Chris Boden" <cboden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The specs on our pipes are..

789lbs per pipe
.687" Wall Thickness.

You don't even want to imagine the price of tubes that big. I could buy a
house (and a much nicer house then the one I live in currently) for the cost
of those three tubes.

Chris Böden
President
The Geek Group / Applied Intellect