Re: prony brake

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm not sure what a prony brake is, but would this
work?

http://www.magnadrive.com/

I've been wanting to buy one at work for a while. It's
a device that replaces a motor coupler and VFD at the
same time. They use big high powered rare earth
magnets in combination with a big copper disk to
create eddy currents. What more could a mad scientist
want?

Adam