Saturable Reactor Waveforms

Original poster: "S&JY" <youngsters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To SR constructors,

I have been reading with much interest your success using pairs and paired
groups of transformers to make SRs.  If one of you has made scope photos of
the resulting output waveform into a resistive load, please post them where
we can view them.  A series of photos at increasing DC control voltages
would be interesting.  I am especially interested in the effects on output
waveform symmetry vs DC control voltage.  Seems like in half a cycle, the
magnetic fields would be additive, causing core saturation sooner than with
the other half cycle where the magnetic fields would be opposing and would
somewhat cancel out.  Thus the output waveform would not be symmetrical.
Or, because of the use of pairs of transformers, do the asymmetries from
each individual transformer balance out when they are connected in series?

Thanks,
--Steve Y.