RE: Where are all the good caps?

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dr. Resonance sells them.  There are references to vendors in the
archives, REL being one of them.

Finally, why are you buying from tedss?  They are horribly expensive!

I am working on another electronics project and had the need for a
largish 50V cap so I checked tedss and saw that they have a 24,000uF
50Volt cap for sale for $24
http://www.tedss.com/2020001528

A cap with the same specs at Mouser is only $12.12.
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&lstdispproductid=
442427&e_categoryid=387&e_pcodeid=75007

This is an item that they do not normally stock but the 40V version of
the same thing is $11.32

I spot-checked a number of other things there and the prices are
uniformly higher than any of the standard commercial vendors (Mouser,
Digi-Key, etc...)  They have some surplus items which are cheaper but
their new stuff is overpriced.

Dave