Re: I'm a newbie coiler!- apartment coiling

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

What's the best way to go for a ground in the apartment? I live on the second floor.

That's a controversial subject, and no matter what you say, you can find someone who disagrees violently. I live on what I guess Americans would call the fourth floor. (The floors in our apartment buildings go Ground, First, Second etc. so I would call it the third floor.)

The setup in that picture had the secondary base, strike rail and spark target all connected together, and grounded to the ground of the electrical supply back where it comes into the apartment using a long piece of wire. I think this is actually safer than connecting it to the water pipes in these days of plastic piping.

I never suffered any damage to any electrical equipment, and I left it all plugged in, but YMMV.

Steve Conner
http://www.scopeboy.com/