Re: NST's shorting out.

Original poster: MARTINFRYML@xxxxxxx
Reply to Terry's email:

"Maybe have a fairly good static gap in parrallel
with the async."

This is an excellent idea and I will try it.

"Get MMCs like everyone else ;-))  You might be
able to just get a smaller value to add to your
30nF cap and save some money.  It all sort of
depends on how you can mix and match it all together."

Last question (hopefully!). Exactly what are MMC's and where can I get them?. I have heard the term but am not familiar with them. Are they what are known as "self-healing capacitors?"

Again, thanks Terry for your help and patience with all my questions.

Martin