Re: 833A's plate color

Tesla list wrote:

Hi,

This says the plates should be an "orange-red" color:

http://www.adamhorden.co.uk/site_data/833a.pdf

Sounds like you are running a little too much power. But I do that too for a short time ;-)) I try to be very careful since bright orange is also the color of molten glass!

Maybe someone knows if running them bright orange will decrease their life to say 100 hours, or if it will decrease their life to 10 seconds?

High voltage isolated RF current measurements are nasty. Best just to judge by the color...

Cheers,

        Terry