RE: Simple Rotor balance approach, second thought

Hi Jared, Et All,

Static and dynamic rotor balance.

Hmmm not always true evidently. My rotor runs true for four static
electrodes set at 1mm with a feeler gauge. I ran it up to 1000 rpms than got
nervous re your input. There was not any noticeable vibration. All my brass
through all tread were cut by a machinist. ALL my 1/8 X 1.5" were cut by
diamond ground. I assembled the rest. Perhaps I got lucky and got a very
flat G10.

Second thought:

My center hole is 1/2". What if one was to, after complete assembly, take a
centered allthread sized to width plus nut size, ok weight the nuts. With a
centered hole bored to the diameter of a solid guitar string; they come in
several gauges to choose from. Thread through the string, suspend and
balance the other dimension. It seems to me the smaller the center point the
greater the balance accuracy.

A flywheel shop is unaccustomed to our way of doing things. The few
flywheels I have here are pretty heavy and close tolerance centered at the
factory with a mongo hub. Would they make one out of 3/4" square piece of
steel? Sure $$.

Just a thought on the other Dimension. Might Work...

Long live your Spark Gap,
Jim Mora