RE: twin stacked primary supports

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Hi Mike:

I had a piece of 1/4" Lexan sheet between my two flat coils, extending
horizontally 1" beyond the coil's OD, and I still got an arc-over,
surface tracking on the Lexan well over 2".  I got rid of a couple of
unused outer turns and increased the coil-to-sheet-edge clearance to
1.5", and that fixed it.  This is with a 15/60 NST.

I wasn't suggesting you use a single-layer flat primary, but rather a
2-layer flat primary, to allow you to use a flat insulator between them.
I made my 2-layer primary for the same reason - to get it through the
garage door.  See http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/primary.htm.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA