Spherical Topload

Original poster: Joe Smith <joesmith@xxxxxxxx>

Greetings:
 I bought a "Body Ball" in the sporting goods section of Wallmart,cost
11 bucks and comes w/pump.This thing will air up to almost 30" diameter!
The plastic straw that fits on the nozzel of a can of expanding foam,also
at Wallmart,,fits into the air hole of the ball. One or two at the max cans
of foam,Then quickly air it back up to orignal size. Allow it to expand for
at least a day and a half ,two days in the sunlight is best.Let some of the
air out and repeat till entire ball is coated on the inside,,be sure to allow
time for expansion.Eventually it will hold its shape w/air plug removed.
Then I cut away the plastic and finished up the voids with foam,a little
bit of this foam goes a long way!! I cut away the excess with a sharp
butcher knife and mounted it on my coil winding setup,a 1 foot square
piece of plywood with 4, 1/2" sharpened on the end dowells,, attaced one end
to the plywood. The sharpened ends went into the ball,,,;} Other side of
ball I used 1,half inch dowel for support. Had to re-position ball 3 times
till I was satisfied. Ended up with a 28" diameter sphere. Haven't put aluminum foil
on it yet,,I'll probably use spray glue for that. The only downside is the
price of the foam.I used 12 of the green colored cans at $2.85 a can. I beleive
I could have got by with less as I got in a hurry a time or two and put
3 cans at a time in. This makes it more dense,takes longer stop expanding,
and is really un-necessary.Anyway it turned out quite nice.
Regards
Joe Smith
btw: if your looking for a transformer,,Jack King is the MAN TO SEE!
75 bucks each for a 15/60 NST??? Thats HALF of what they go for on e-bay.
I am VERY satisfied with the two I bought. Allso, Thanks again Dr.Resonance
for the help on my MMC.
the end
Joe