Re: Building the right capacitor

A .03 uF 30 kV MMC will work great. We use 15 pcs per string and 3 strings in parallel for .03 uF 30 kV. With an additional 60 mA NST added for 180 mA 12 kV we drive 4 parallel strings, .04 uF 30 kV total, for a solid 48 inch spark output on a 4 inch dia. coil with 5:1 h/d ratio.

I stock the MMCs --- have approx 350 pcs right now in stock.

Dr. Resonance

Original poster: "Drake Schutt" <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>

yes, i was wondering myself. would a maxwell 35kv 0.03 uf be sufficient? theyre going for $125 US on ebay.