To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2006 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: SRSG - rotor attachment

Hi David,
Curious, we understand how the disc attaches to the hub.
How does the hub attach to the shaft?
Most taper bushing require an external part which the hub presses into. Thus, as the hub presses into the external part, the shaft to hub engages. But, the external part is not seen in the photos. How did you manage to press the hub onto the shaft? I can envision many methods, but I'm more curious of your solution.
Take care,
Bart
Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: DRIEBEN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott,

The only picture that I have off hand is
the 8th picture down on my webpage at:
http://www.dawntreader.net/hvgroup/david/gm
As you can see in the picture, the 3 bolts
fasten the rotor disc directly down to the
flat faced end of the bushing. Unfortunately
you can't see the bushing itself, as its view
is completely blocked by the disc itself. I am NO
machinist so I don't know if there's another
essential part that needs to be in place with
the bushing or not, but I do know that this
setup works quite well for me at holding
the disc very firmly in place with no wobble.

David Rieben