Re: Max anode voltage?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 5/15/06 11:47:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Hi all, in particular tube experts (yes I am talking the old big metal
>glass/ceramic things with heaters)
>
>Anybody know what the max anode voltage rating in a triode spec means?
>specifically the GU5B
>i.e. does it mean the maximum supply voltage or the maximum peak voltage
>that is allowed on the anode.
>What may happen if the maximum peak anode voltage is exceeded, assuming the
>maximum anode dissipation is not exceeded.
>Thanks in advance.
>

>Robert (R. A.) Jones
>A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl
>407 649 6400

  Try:  http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/sheets/018/g/GU5B.pdf

for a bilingual data sheet.

  Exceeding the maximum anode voltage may not do much if the vacuum
is good, but this tube is rated at 5 kV max below 30 MHz and I would
think that would be sufficent for anything you have in mind.

Ed

Hi Robert, Ed, All,

Over-volting can result in internal arcing. However, if it is not too severe, i.e. you don't blow a hole through one of the electrodes or arc through the glass or seals, then tubes, unlike SS devices, will usually recover from over-volting.