Re: Max anode voltage?

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ed,

> Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>     I should point out that most power amplifier tubes carry a
> maximum DC [repeat DC or plate power supply] voltage rating, which in
> the case of the GU5B is 5 kV for operation under 30 MHz.  That would
> mean that, in typical "within ratings" Class C service, the peak
> plate voltage would swing up to very close to 10 kV with respect to
> the filament at the peak of the RF cycle.

That's what I needed know. Thanks

> Like many of the surplus
> Russian supply hat's quite a gutsty tube and I would think that in
> intermittent TC service it would be quite reliable with an output
> power of as much as 10 kW or perhaps even more,

I was hoping to achieve 10kW possibly 20kW if I overvolt the filament by 10%
to increase the saturation current.

  WITH VERY VERY
> CAREFUL CIRCUIT DESIGN AND ADJUSTMENT.  If you play with high power
> oscillators and don't know what you're doing the tube can go west very
quickly.

I would like to believe I know what I am doing though I have not designed a
high power tube oscillator before.
I do not understand the fine detail on how the grid leak works or how to
handle the variable load presented by the tank and secondary under the
transient conditions of pulsed operation.

Robert (R. A.) Jones
A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl
407 649 6400