Re: Racing Spark Prediction

Original poster: dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

folded resonator as one of the possible cures from racing sparks

Paul wrote: nothing

ok, Paul - i ask you here (to screen poss mail problems) third time -
what is the problem with a folded resonator concept? this would be my
last question to you at all if not answered. you give me no choice : )

Terry wrote:

> I think the problem is when you reverse wind part of the coil, the
> performance would also drop way down.  You can get ride of any
> harmonics by making the coil out of dirt too but that is no fun.

i can`t see how it can be a problem - you`ll lose a very small part of
total sec inductance only, since mutual inductance between parts is
very small, as well as mutual/coupling between pri & reversed part of
the secondary.