Re: Max anode voltage?

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx
In a message dated 5/17/06 6:25:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi Bert,
I tried the debarnacling an 833A tube.  It turns out the manufacturer
put a spark gap in the tube, and it kept sparking at that area.  I got
nowhere with the process.  I didn't persue it or try other types of tubes.
John

Hi John,

That's very interesting! Do you happen to remember the manufacturer of the tube?

I wonder if this might be an "undocumented feature" (from a specific manufacturer?) to otherwise prevent inter-element arcing damage during operation.

Bert