Re: Max anode voltage?

At 06:28 PM 5/17/2006, you wrote:
Original poster: "Andrew Bonnell" <andrewbonnell@xxxxxxxxx>

Out of curiosity, how fast to vacuum tubes switch?

Hmmm..
leaving aside various and sundry microwave tubes that work by interaction of beams, fields, etc. (Klystrons, TWTs, etc.) and don't really "switch"

You're probably left with things like planar triodes and the like, which probably max out at a GHz or so.

There are some fast switching beam tubes: imagine an electron beam that passes between two plates that bend it left or right, so it hits one plate or the other. The latency through the tube may be significant, but it doesn't take much time to move the beam.

Andrew