parts and medium size coil design data

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

If anyone is constructing a medium to large size coil I have a few extra mesh type toroids. These are solidly constructed and painted flat black with conductive paint over the 1/2 x 1/2 inch turkey mesh on a plywood form. The larger one uses styro with plywood base. They equal the performance of spun toroids at less than 1/2 the price. We can also make custom sizes to any size required. Our Big Bruiser uses a 10 ft. dia x 60 inch cross section wire mesh toroid to produce 30 ft. long sparks at 30 kVA.

1 pc  --  42 x 12 inches

1 pc -- 30 x 8 inches

We also have 350 pcs of the CDE MMC caps, 0.15 uF 2 kV, in stock.

If anyone is moving up to a medium size coil, ie, 3-4 ft spark length, I have a design I will share via email. It uses a 4 inch ID PVC form, .04 uF MMC type cap, 20 x 5" toroid, and async 1725 rpm 6 electrode 10 inch dia. RSG. Coil sec wire is 24 AWG 200 degree C. but regular magnet wire could be substituted if if contains no nicks or scratches.

Contact me off-list for data on any of the above.

Dr. Resonance