Re: Racing Spark Prediction

Original poster: dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Paul Nicholson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Dimitry wrote:

>  > folded resonator as one of the possible cures from racing
>  > sparks

> Since your earlier mentions of folded resonator, I've been
> trying to find out what one is.

i have wrote twice - "can`t find reference right now, but will do it if
needed.", so why just don`t ask a link? stchs : )

http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/1996/june/msg00342.html

> Taking a guess here... folding will probably just shift
> around (raise) the existing overtones of the resonator, and
> not actually remove any of them.

can your simulator model this situation? this software is downloadable,
GNU-able, can i compile it for myself?

> TC systems that I've examined the waveforms for all seem to be
> 'overcoupled', eg k between 0.1 to 0.2 and unloaded Q factors of 40
> or more, thus k > 1/Q and so gives a distinct double humped response
> to both sweeps and pings.

do you really suppose that his coils were such horrible quality or
were coupled well below 0.1? imo unlikely, and you can check his k
very easily.