Re: Sold state IGBT disruptive coil spark gap idea

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley" <dhmccauley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Looks sweet Terry.  Lets get that switch up to about 1kW now!!!  :)

Dan

Daniel McCauley
DRSSTC : Building the Modern Day Tesla Coil Book
Check it out at http://www.drsstcbook.com

Hi All,

I tested the SISG gap and coil out tonight at 116 watts and it works fine ;-)) Firing voltage was 3600V 150nF 120BPS 105kHz...

Here are the new boards all mounted up pretty:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/SISG-NEW-01.JPG

Here are the MOTs.  Didn't have time yet to mount them up nice:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/SISG-NEW-02.JPG

6000V  150nF MMC:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/SISG-NEW-03.JPG

Bridge rectifier:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/SISG-NEW-04.JPG

Here it is arcing nicely to a point 15 inches away. It could have gone further:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/SISG-NEW-05.JPG

Here is a little 14Meg movie I put on rapidshare.de:

<http://rapidshare.de/files/20978558/SISG-NEW.AVI.html>http://rapidshare.de/files/20978558/SISG-NEW.AVI.html

Go to the bottom and click "free", Wait about a minute for the countdown timer, type the funny letters in the box and download it. You don't have to log on or pay anything.

I ran into a charging loop problem so I stopped for the night (tired :-p). But the SISG gap is working perfectly!!! The heat sinks barely get warm. I never used any ballasting.

Cheers,

        Terry